Songfest 2021 *IS* happening in a modified virtual format. For more about Songfest 2021, see here.
Songfest 2021 is being produced amidst very unusual circumstances arising from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. Much of the information on this site may not be applicable to the Songfest 2021 production.
Get Involved in Songfest
No matter your background, your talents, or your future aspirations, everyone can be a part of Songfest. It is a truly special and unique program. We present here many of the most popular and common ways to get involved. If you have further ideas, suggestions, or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While the vast majority of Songfest participants and contributors are students, there are many ways in which non-students can also be involved and/or contribute. In fact, in some years our show even features an (extremely popular) Alumni, Staff, and Faculty performing group. Whether a student or not, contact email@example.com and we can get you connected with our program in a number of ways.
EVERYONE HAS WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A PART OF SONGFEST!
Audience (Attending the Show)
- This show is a BLAST! Unbridled enthusiasm, family-friendly entertainment.
- Ticketing info
- Come support your peers, your students, your family, and your friends
- Share your experience with others, encourage them to attend
Group Participants (Performers)
- Group Participant info
- No performing experience necessary!
- ANY student may choose to perform with ANY competing group
- Rehearsals start in mid-February, at the Songfest Kick-Off Event
- NOT just for students in fraternities/sororities
- Participant FAQs
- Small ensemble of peformers who emcee the show and present specially-prepared performances between group acts
- Host info (audition info, commitment requirements, description, etc.)
- Auditions usually in late October, open to all Seaver College students
- Songfest Host FAQs
Production Assistants (PAs)
- Student employees of Student Activities, providing behind-the-scenes Songfest support
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info
- Leaders create groups, then collaboratively prepare their show over the course of the school year
- Leadership starts EARLY (Info Meeting is usually 2nd week of school!) and has multiple phases
- Group Leader info (role descriptions, group formation, documents, and more
- Getting Started (Leading a group step-by-step)
- Group Leader FAQs
- Special for 2021: remotely help us with our show finale
- Perform with (or lead) our Alumni, Staff, and Faculty group
- Attend Songfest and sing "Let There Be Peace on Earth" from the stage
- Miscellaneous volunteers (large and small scale)
- Communication (social media, graphic design, marketing, etc.)
- Video production
- Technical crew (lighting, audio, backstage, production design, etc.)
- Pit orchestra musician
- Email email@example.com
Songest is produced through Student Activities at Pepperdine University.